6VJx7I0nBdGv8zW8cW8tgLJ1cNA Mama's Vivacious Family: Things you wish someone told you before giving birth

Monday, December 17, 2012

Things you wish someone told you before giving birth

 

I was alone during my pregnancy and mainly used a community called, “Just Mommies'” to see what I should expect during my pregnancy and afterwards. If it wasn’t for those ladies, I would have been so lost. I am soooo glad that they told me how I should push. I just thought you pushed from your vagina…WRONG. Your supposed to push like you are having a bowel movement and without that advice, I probably would have been in labor long than I was lol. I also, always thought that your water breaking would happen like in the movies; a huge gush of water that would flood the floor. I hated when my water broke, because it didn’t “break” per say; It sprung a leak. So, while I’m in the ambulance; I am leaking the entire time and I felt nasty UGH I don’t even want to think about it. I also had no clue that after you have the baby that you also must push again for the placenta to come out. I wanted to take a look but I totally forgot all about it when I saw my son.  

I don’t know if every mother went to this but I did and I hated it. The Nesting Period. A week prior to giving birth, I started cleaning and moving furniture like a mad woman. I even moved a couch by myself and since we were in the process of moving; I picked up boxes like everyone else. Powered Laundry Detergent smelled like heaven as well as Windex. Everyone will tell you to sit down, relax, yell that you shouldn’t do any heavy lifting and you will look at them like they are crazy. I also walked 2 times a day up until giving birth to get a Slurpee from 7-11. I could tell when it was time for a Slurpee because my son would start punching me lol. 

I honestly miss being pregnant. It was as AWESOME and problem free experience.  Someday I will be pregnant again and actually find out what it’s like to make a man get up at 2am to get my some candy or whatever my body craves. Did you all have anything that you wish someone would have told you before giving birth? Any pregnancy stories? If so, I would LOVE to hear them.

No comments: