- Read a book, of course. Children are not reading as much as they need to be. Find them a exciting book to read. If you own any of those children audio books, that would be fantastic.
- Do you have a bunk bed at home? If you do. Grab some sheets and hang them front the top bunk and let their imagination run wild. They can go on a "camping trip", fight an imaginary dragon, read spooky stories or even play a friendly game of "Peek-a-boo".
- Turn cleaning up into a game. If you have a empty bathroom trash can or empty laundry basket. They can go around the house and pick up any trash they see on the floor. When they pick up the trash, they try to shoot it into the "goal". When they finish, place a few coins in their piggy banks.
- Pull out a board game like Chutes and Ladders, Scrabble, Tic Tac Toe, etc and let them play together.
- Dance to music with their stuffed animals. Crank up the music and let them dance, dance, dance until they get tired. Makes for a better bedtime.
- Into Arts and Crafts? Grab some old magazines, an old shirt, some pennies, etc and let them create art that they can hang up in their rooms. Kids LOVE this stuff.
- Create a card. Since the holidays are coming around, who doesn't love to receive cards. Better yet, who doesn't love to receive cards from KIDS. Get those art supplies out and get to decorating!!!
- Indoor picnic. For dinner or snack time after lunch. Grab an old blanket and let the kids help you place the napkins, etc on the blanket. Sit down and talk about all the fun things they did in school today. This would be a perfect time to discuss any "issues" they are having as well. This personal time will create a stronger relationship with the kiddos as well.
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
5 activities your children can do after school
If your like me and are trying to find ways of limiting your children's television time, or finding ways they can social more together. I decided to create a list of some fun things that your kids could do to get out of your hair for a few minutes or hours.
These are some tips on how to reduce time in front of the television, get some mommy or daddy time and let your kids enjoy each other or vice verse. I hope you enjoyed this tips. If you have any other ones to add. I would LOVE to read them and try them out with my children .